A heat press machine is a must-have tool for your printing business to thrive and withstand the challenges of the 21st century.
Take a look at some of the massive benefits it bestows to your small business:
- It makes the production of designs in bulk possible
- Works at high speed, thus enabling you to finish orders quickly
- Produces high-quality end products
- It’s affordable to acquire
- It does not require speciality to operate
Generally, a heat press machine is a designing device that uses heat and pressure to transfer desired artwork to the intended material, such as t-shirts. It is a simple to operate tool that only requires you to remove the ink from the material by heating it and have the ink firmly fixed to the fabric.
You must use it together with a transfer paper with a non-absorbent smooth surface and sublimation ink to work correctly.
Factors To Consider Before Purchasing a Heat Press Machine
Price of the Machine
Heat press machines generally range between $300 to $3000. Factors such as performance, size, style, and durability determine the cost of the device.
There exist three levels of heat press machines depending on price as follows.
The Starter Heat Press Machine
These are best suited for small scale businesses as they cannot handle bulk production. They are also comprised of analogue control features and a slow warm up time.
Heat press machines in this category cost between $200 and $500.
Intermediate Heat Press
Machines under this category are average in performance and reliability. They also have a simple design. They range between $500 and $1000.
Professional Heat Press
This is most suited for large and well-established printing businesses. It comes fitted with profound features that enhance performance and reliability.
Moreover, it produces outstanding end products that are appealing to customers. Given the many features, you will need to dig a little deeper into your pocket to acquire this machine. It ranges between $1000 to $3000.
Consider the Quality of the Machine
To acquire the best heat press machine for small business, you will need to be very thorough when it comes to quality. Important factors to look out for concerning quality include digital displays, temperature control features, and platens, to name a few.
Size of the Heat Press Machine
These machines come in different sizes ranging from small, medium and large. Size is a crucial determinant of the amount of work a heat press machine can handle.
Therefore, consider the type of work you need to be done and the available space before purchasing a heat press. For instance, a small heat press machine will work better with baby clothes and other small items. It also cannot handle bulk work and occupies less space.
Middle-sized heat presses will do you right if you are running a medium-sized business. They can handle more work and take a little more space.
Large heat press machines are suitable for big industries. They occupy much space and work more efficiently.
The Durability of the Machine
How long the said machine is likely to serve you is another critical factor to consider. A quality heat press machine, when used correctly, should last for a minimum of 10 to 15 years.
Top 5 Most Preferred Heat Press Machines for Small Businesses
1. Seeutek 5 in 1 Heat Press Machine 12″ x 15″
Seeutek heat press 5 in 1 is a swing-away heat press model that can rotate up to 360 degrees. Purchasing this machine for your business will help you perform graphic design transfers on various items such as T-shirts, mugs, hats, plates and cups.
It is 12 x 15 inches in size and has a digital sublimation.
- Has a larger surface area
- Clear and well-detailed instructions
- Easy to use
- It’s affordable
- Heats up quickly
- The excellent temperature control feature
- Works on various fabrics
- It’s Teflon coated
- Different customers have associated it with inconsistent heating resulting in scorching of shirts.
2. Heat T-Shirt Press Machine
This one will provide you with an additional three attachments on top of the standard features found in 5 in 1 heat press machines. It has a temperature range of about 200 -450 degrees and time control of 0-999 seconds.
It also has a unique swing away and guides rail design feature that makes it possible to adjust it to fit the material’s thickness. This machine also has a 360 degrees rotation capability that allows for the safe movement of heating elements.
It is 18.5 x 18.5 x 21.26 inches in size with a market price of $275.99.
- It’s easy and safe to use
- Protects transfers from scorching
- Has a broader working area
- Comprises an accurate digital timer and temperature control
- Can be used with different fabrics
- Add on pieces seem to be poorly done
- Swing part is not user friendly
3. PowerPress HPM-0000-PK
This is the perfect heat press for you if you want a heat press machine with a safe anti-overheating system. In addition to this feature, the PowerPress HPM-0000-PK Heat press machine will offer you a large heating plate, touch screen, a pressure regulating system and a dual functional base.
It weighs 10.54 pounds and has a size of “12 x 10”. It’s currently going for $124.99.
- Compatible with a variety of materials
- Has a larger heating plate size
- It’s light in weight
- Has a fashionable and modern appearance
- Has a dual function capability
- It’s affordable
- It doesn’t have a power-off timer
4. AMTOK Heat Press
AMTOK heat press machine works best with craft enthusiasts, students and homemakers. It has a safe and easy to grip handle and is best suited for small and fast projects.
You can use this heat press to transfer texts on t-shirts, bags, clothes, mouse pads and shoes. AMTOK heat press comes fitted with a unique three heat settings, which helps handle your different power demands.
It weighs 1.9lbs, and its market price is $69.99.
- Insulating base protects the heating plate from scratches
- You can use it to iron your clothes
- Safe and easy to use machine
- Very affordable
- It’s light in weight
- Possible to choose different heat settings
- Best suited for small projects
- It’s portable
- Limited to small project use
5. ePhoto New Digital 15″ x 15″ T-Shirt Heat Transfer
This is a fully assembled heat press machine that will assist transfer graphics to T-shirts, garments, ceramic tiles, plats, to name a few. It comes fitted with the latest digital temperature and a time display controller.
Moreover, it has a silicon pad that cans 500 degrees without distortion. This press weighs 50lbs and has a 110V and 1500W power heat voltage and 15″ x 15″ in size.
Its current price is $199.99.
- Easy to use
- It comes fully assembled and ready to use
- Possess digital led temperature and time controller
- It’s possible to adjust the pressure to fit the desired thickness
- Has a Teflon coated heating element
- Requires heavy pressure and high heat to function effectively
From the above list, it is crystal clear that choosing the best heat press machine for your small business is not an easy task. However, factors such as your budget, preference and previous customer review should help you make an informed decision. Be sure to do some further research yourself and make a choice based on your requirements.