Updated in January 2020 with new products and manufacturer information
Wondering what the best Rosin Press is for you?
Two years have passed since rosin was first introduced to the world and the solvent-free concentrate method has changed the way we view cannabis.
Best Rosin Presses Overview
If you’ve not got time to read the full buyers guide, we’ve broken down a quick overview of the best types of presses on the market in 2020, sorted by the most common categories of presses that people are looking for:
Our Overall Favourite Rosin Press (best all round)
- Best Low-Cost Press: LilSmasher
- Best Mid-size/Standard Press: Tuopuke Quick Clamps
- Best For Beginners: NugSmasher Mini
- Best Electric Press: CA Hydraulic
- Best For Multi-Use: Diamond Driven Heat & Rosin Press
- Best For Tech Integrations: CA Rosin Press
- Best For Travelling: MyPress Rosin Press
- Best Build Quality: NugSmaherXP
- Best New Press for 2020: Green Dream
- Best For Experienced Users: RTP Gold Series
What actually is a rosin press?
Rosin presses are used to produce solvent-free cannabis concentrate and they require just two things to work correctly: heat and pressure.
A rosin press uses a solvent-less technique to create cannabis rosin, and this will eliminate any solvent contamination of the cannabis end-product.
A rosin press also removes the need for the dab enthusiast to clean the machine of solvent impurities.
There are lots of rosin presses on the market, but before purchasing the best one for your needs, it’s good to know as much as possible about a rosin press’ benefits and features in order to be able to make the best decision for your specific needs and preferences.
Rosin Presses have risen to popularity in lieu of more and more people waking up to the real benefits of CBD, and there are those out there who want to push the envelope even further to extract their own. This is just one of the many uses of this kind of heat press, but generally in 2020 the method of CBD extraction is what you find users wanting their own machine for.
Selection of the best rosin presses in 2020
Below you’ll find a comprehensive guide to what we consider to the best rosin presses you’ll be able to find this year.
We’ve taken into consideration all of the different uses you may need a press for, focusing on the size and press of presses to find ones that are portable, within a reasonable price range and ultimately can deliver a variety of pressing features that will be of use.
Best Low-Cost, Small Press: LilSmasher – Rosin Press
The LilSmasher rosin press is a high-quality pneumatic rosin press that is mainly targeted at high-volume production of high-grade cannabis concentrates. NugSmasher is a famous U.S.-based maker of rosin presses and the company designed, manufactured and tested this particular machine.
High-quality materials and components
The LilSmasher is made of high-quality materials and components such as T6-6061 high-grade steel-reinforced aluminum. The machine also comes with high-grade steel components. The high-quality materials will ensure a long lifespan for the LilSmasher.
The machine is relatively portable, and two people can easily move it to any location.
No assembly needed
The LilSmasher is designed as a personal in-house rosin press, and it’s built as a plug-and-play device. You will not need to tweak it or to spend hours trying hard to assemble it because it comes ready to be used. All you have to do is plug it in and adjust the pressure settings before you place the cannabis between the top and bottom press plates.
Dual element heating
The machine features dual element heating, and this means that each one of the press plates has its own heating element that heats it up.
Digital thermometer and thermostat
The machine also features a digital thermometer and thermostat. The thermostat lets you select the precise temperature that you want to use for the oil extraction.
It can generate pressures of up to 6,500 pounds per square inch. Such pressure is really high, and it can squish almost all the cannabis oil from the cannabis material placed between the pressing plates.
Pressing the oil in under 1 minute
You have to place the raw cannabis inside the parchment paper, and after you fold it, you have to put it on the bottom press plate. The LilSmasher has the ability to press all the oil out of the cannabis within maximum one minute.
What to like:
- The rosin press comes with a lifelong warranty.
- It is effortless to use.
- It comes with the dual-element heating.
- This rosin press is made out of high-quality materials for enhanced longevity.
- The LilSmasher is very easy to maintain.
- The heat controller holds the temps very steady.
- The machine’s pressure to plate size ratio is perfect.
- The operation is effortless once you read the instructions.
What to consider:
- The LilSmasher is limited to only 6500 PSI, but this will turn out to be more than enough for all your needs and larger volumes of high-grade cannabis concentrates.
Check out the Lil Smasher Review for more information on the LiLSmasher including how it’s best utilised, and the amount you can expect to pay for this portable wonder!
Best Mid-Sized Rosin Press: Tuopuke – Quick Clamps Dual Heat Plates
The Quick Clamps is a clamshell heat press that comes with a simple skeletal design. The machine is designed to extract the cannabis concentrate from raw cannabis, and the press’ design features two heated plates, a manual arm pump, and a digital temperature control. It also includes an easy-to-follow instruction guidebook.
Made of resistant materials
This clamshell heat press is created with high0grade stain-resistant materials, and it also comes with high-grade components for increased durability and lifespan.
The machine weighs about 33.8 pounds, and it’s quite lighter than most models from the market. This makes it a portable machine.
Square press plates
The smash plates measure 5 inches by 5 inches, and they are coated with non-stick material. This is really handy because the slow-flowing cannabis extract usually stains square plates.
Digital temperature controller
The plates are heated, and the temperature can be carefully regulated by the digital temperature controller from the control box. The temperature range of the plates is between 1 to 415 degrees Fahrenheit.
Digital automatic timer
The Quick Clamps rosin press comes with an automatic digital timer. This will help you make sure that the cannabis materials won’t stay longer than necessary between the clamped press plates.
The machine also features a time control that indicates when a set press cycle is completed.
Pressures up to 1200 PSI
The power levels of this machine are excellent, and the press can generate pressures of around 1200 PSI.
What to like:
- The Quick Clamps machine is easy to use, and its instructions are really detailed.
- You can operate it manually with the arm pump.
- The digital temperature control is very helpful and allows you to customize temperature levels easily.
- It comes with scratch resistant and backed-on paint.
- It comes with heated smash plates.
- It made from high-quality materials for a more extended lifespan.
- It is also easy to maintain.
- You will know when the heat press cycle is complete with the help of the electronic time control.
What to consider:
- You might have to tighten some loose elements after the package arrives at your home, but other than that you will not have any problems using this rosin press.
For all of its ‘pros’, you won’t be shelling out too much when it comes to purchasing the Tuopuke. It really is easy to use, ideal for beginners and built to last. For more information you can read our unbiased review or take a look at the availability below.
Best Heat Press For Beginners: NugSmasher – MINI Heat Press
Great for personal use
Mini NugSmasher is the best choice for personal use, and it’s not a very good option for commercial use due to its mini heat press. The quality of this rosin press is not compromised at all because it’s made in the USA. The size is not big at all, and its pressing power can generate the best rosin. It will turn out great for home use.
No need for assembly
The NugSmasher mini heat press comes ready for use in its package, and there’s no need to waste time assembling it. There’s no complicated procedure involved, and all you have to do is plug the machine and get it to work.
Great steel pressing plates
The steel pressing plates that come on board with this machine are 2.5-inch in diameter, and they deliver a pressing pressure of two tons.
Pressing 3 to 4 grams of material
With the NugSmasher mini press, you will be able to press up to 4 grams of material, but this is the optimal quantity for a home rosin press. The heating can go up to 350 degrees, and it’s not recommended that you exceed this number.
Portable and compact
The NugSmasher weight about 25lbs and it’s very portable compared to other home rosin presses. It also comes with a compact design, and this makes it perfect for personal use and for carrying it around the house.
What to like:
- It’s ideal for personal use in your home.
- It’s very compact and portable.
- It comes with a two-tons pressing capability, and this is enough for a personal rosin press.
- The NugSmasher also comes with press bags to fit the mini press.
- It is made out of solid steel.
- The NugSmasher Mini comes with 2.5-inches smash plates.
- The machine features dual-heating elements.
- It has circuit protection and fast retract plate release.
- It comes with a manual pump arm.
- It is guaranteed for life.
What to consider:
- You will not be able to press more than 3-4 grams but considering that the NugSmasher is a rosin press for personal use in your apartment, it’s enough.
When it comes to what we’d consider the best rosin or heat press for minimal home use, the MINI certainly ticks all of our boxes. It’s low-cost, light, very easy to transport, and is sturdy enough to travel with (or for those who regularly move from apartment to apartment and need a press that can withstand regular wear and tear).
You can learn more about the MINI with our full review or check out current prices below.
Best Premium Rosin Press: CA Rosin Press – Electric Hydraulic Rosin Press
This electric hydraulic rosin press is made from high-grade corrosion-resistant materials. It also features high-grade steel components. This means that it’s a durable and high-quality machine that will feature a long lifespan.
No need for separate air compressor
All you have to do is to set the pressure for consistency. There will be no need for separate air compressor with this electronic, hydraulic press.
Dual heating plates
It comes with independently controlled dual heating plates, and the temperature range is between 0 and 485 degrees Fahrenheit.
High levels of PSI
This hydraulic rosin press is also recommended due to its high level of PSI, 15,000.the unit is powered via a hydraulic cylinder.
Large surface for pressing
The pressing machine comes with a large area available for pressing, and this means that you will be able to produce more product at the same time.
What to like:
- It comes with separate digital temperature controllers for both top and bottom plates.
- This is an entirely electric rosin press, and it’s effortless to use even for beginners.
- It comes with adjustable heat temperature.
- All you have to do is to set the pressure for consistency.
- You will get a free pair of heat resistant gloves together with your order.
What to consider:
- Larger spacers would come in more handy, but you will be able to do the pressing job good enough using the machine’s own features.
- A pneumatic press might offer enhanced control of pressure while you are pressing, but then again, this is an electric hydraulic rosin press, so you know exactly what to expect from it when you buy it.
Due to the size of the CA press, it’s certainly not recommended for casual home use like the previous MINI. If you know you require a heat press for regular use but will still be needing to use it from home, then we definitely recommend you check out the CA.
It’s recommended for people who will be getting a lot of use out of their press, and is built to withstand sustained use. Take a look at current availability from CA below.
Best Multi-Use Rosin Press: Diamond – Heat Press Machine
Fully digital time control and temperature
Diamond brings a newly upgraded version of this T-shirt printing with heat press machine. It features full-color digital temperature and time control. The color LEDs displays will show you the perfect temperature time and counter.
The machine is not hard to use because it comes with a manual of very detailed instruction and photo illustrations as well for better understanding how it works and how you should use it.
Best for professional and industrial level
The machine is best used for the industrial and professional level. It comes with a very durable frame construction that is built for high-performance and long-term use.
It can handle up to 500 degrees
The silicone gel base board can handle without any problems up to 500 degrees. The machine comes with a pressure adjustable knob.
The dual electric system protection provides a safe operation for the user. The manual filled with photos and diagrams will also be very helpful for your safety.
What to like:
- The sprayed Teflon coating and the coating on the heat platen with silicone rubber are very resistant.
- The clam-shell heat press machine features a digital temperature gauge ranging from 0 to 499 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The manual handle is really easy to operate.
- You can adjust the manual handle with the pressure knob at the rear of the machine.
- It features industrial strength and durability that allow long-term use.
- It comes with a color LED digital temperature and time control.
- The heating plate guarantees even and stable temperature distribution.
- The aluminum heat plate guarantees the heating uniformity on the surface of the machine.
- You can adjust the pressure easily.
- The integrated electric control system is excellent for simple adjusting and maintenance.
- The dual electric system protection offers a safe operation.
What to consider:
- As you can see for yourself, this is not a dedicated rosin press, but a T-shirt press so it won’t be able to do its job as flawlessly as a specialized rosin press, but you will manage to produce rosin with it as well. It is mainly targeted at transferring photos on cotton, fiber, ceramic, glass and metal.
To summarise, Diamond have created this heat press to appeal to new users who want to get started with an inexpensive and reliable option. It’s not the most professional on this list, but certainly is worth it if you’re a casual heat press user, whether for printing or extraction.
You can see via our full Diamond Heat Press review that our editor’s rating is higher than the actual product review; it is the price and features of the press that puts Diamond into our buyers guide, and we highly recommend checking this out if you’re not going to be obliterating it with constant use.
Best Rosin Press for Technology Integrations: CA Rosin Press – 8″ x 6″ Pneumatic Rosin Heat Press
Increased temperature stability
The 8 x 6 inches dual-element heating plates are able to raise the temperature stability for this Pneumatic rosin press. The temperature readout is customizable in Celsius or Fahrenheit degrees. Digital temperature control
The machine comes with a digital temperature control with dual LCD readouts from 0 to 415 degrees Fahrenheit.
The pneumatic rosin heat press comes with a digital timer that has automatic press control, and it offers the user the ability to control it easily. An air circulator is also included for enhanced control.
Optimal press force
The machine comes with a heavy-duty pneumatic ram for optimal press force.
Manual safety override
The automatic operation will provide manual safety override.
Adjustable pressure and pressing time
The pneumatic rosin press comes with an adjustable pressure up to 5000 PSI Adjustable pressing time.
What to like:
- It comes with a free pair of heat resistant gloves with every order.
- It includes digital temperature controllers for both top and bottom plates.
- The heat temperature is adjustable.
- It’s a well-constructed machine with easy to read knobs.
- The temperature and pressure ranges are perfect for making rosin.
What to consider:
- When you use generic paper with this pneumatic rosin press, it seems to burn quite quickly. If you are using parchment paper, it’s best if you get a brand like Reynolds and if you also use the pair of heat resistant gloves that the machine comes with.
Best Rosin Press For Travelling: My Press Rosin Press
My Press rosin press is very small, and this means that you can take it anywhere you want easily. My Press is a portable, lightweight rosin press ideal for personal use. It was designed from scratch in Denver, Colorado and it’s high-quality.
Stainless steel Axiom plates
The portable rosin press comes with 3 x 3 stainless steel Axiom plates that are able to deliver a range of heat from 160 degrees Fahrenheit up to 280 degrees Fahrenheit in 10-degree increments and enough surface area to be able to process your materials in the most efficient manner.
Unique LED counter display
The machine also comes with a single LED counter display that will make sure to show you exactly how much time your material is placed under heat. This way, you will get enough control to get the best possible results and the most excellent rosin. The counter will start to work as soon as the axiom plates are closed and the time is going to freeze on the LED display when they have opened again.
As long as you document about your material, amount, temperature, and time needed for your material to be pressed, this machine will definitely provide the best results in the most efficient manner.
What to like:
- The machine is extremely portable.
- It is also effortless to use the press.
- Its size is similar to the one of a coffee maker.
- It’s built to last due to the high-quality materials.
What to consider:
- You will not be able to produce very much rosin at once considering its small size, but for your very own personal use, the solventless rosin press will turn out to be ideal.
The Sturdiest Rosin Press On The Market: NugSmasherXP – Heat Press
Designed and built by experts
The NugSmasherXP is designed in Corona, CA by Premiere Manufacturing in the company’s 40k square foot machine and fabrication workshop staffed with experienced engineers, builders, fabricators, and designers. The machine comes with a warranty for life.
Precise temperature control
The NugSmasherXP offers accurate temperature control of both the top and the bottom plates. All you have to do is set the desired temperature, and the controllers will bring the plates to that specific temperature, and keep them at that point throughout the whole pressing process.
Built-in pressure gauge
You can increase your chances of having amazing results by making sure that you are pressing the same way each time you load the press. The built-in gauge allows you to do just this and to find the perfect amount of pressure for your material. Then, you will be able to apply the same amount of pressure on your next round as well.
Steel and aluminum build
The solid interlocked steel plates are very resistant making sure that the machine will have a long lifespan. The aluminum used for this machine is used for the pressing plates and the control panel.
The NugSmasherXP is a well-equipped machine that requires multiple power circuits to make everything run flawlessly. Having the safety issues in mind, the engineers have created high-quality circuits that are mounted on the front panel for easy monitoring and easier access to reset them if it’s needed.
You can fine-tune the pressure, or you can continue to operate the machine even if the air compressor quits by using the manual pump arm.
Illuminated work area
The machine comes with LEDs that are focused on the pressing area, and they’ll light up your working zone.
What to like:
- The machine features 12 tons of manually controlled pressure with a precise pressure gauge.
- The accurate pressing gauge is excellent for consistent extraction.
- The accurate temperature control provides you high and precise control over the plate’s temperature.
- The machine is sturdy and built to last a lifetime.
- Its fast retract plate release comes in handy and prevents burning the material.
What to consider:
- Compared to larger presses it can only deliver a maximum of 7 grams of rosin at once, and this may be too little for some users. On the other hand, this is the average amount that can be produced with a machine of this caliber, so this shouldn’t be a problem.
Best New Rosin Press: Green Dream
Doesn’t need any compressors or external pumps
The Green Dream electric rosin press does not require any compressors or external pumps in order to be able to function. All it needs is an electrical outlet to plug it in, and it’s ready to do the extraction work.
Dual heating plates
The electric rosin press comes with dual heating plates, and the temperature range is between 0 to 482 degrees Fahrenheit. The heat plate’s size is 6 x 8 inches.
The machine comes with an LCD panel that shows you all the necessary information regarding temperature and pressure.
The electric rosin press comes with a voltage of 110V/220V.
What to like:
- The dual heating plates provide enough pressure of 20,000 PSI.
- The machine’s power is 1200W.
- The LCD panel comes in handy for displaying essential data.
- You will get lifetime support when you buy the machine.
What to consider:
- It doesn’t include too many information in the package but you can easily find all that you need to know about the Pure electric technology online.
Best Rosin Press For Advanced Users: Rosin Tech Products – RTP GOLD Series Manual Twist Rosin Tech Heat Press
A great addition to the Gold Series
The RTP Manual Twist is the newest addition, and it’s built for the home user who doesn’t need lots of materials and final products.
Dual heating plates with LCD screens
The machine comes with 2×4- inch dual heating plates. Each one of the heating plates is controlled separately by a digital LCD.
You can fasten the unit to a workbench
The RTP Manual Twist comes with two bolts that can be screwed into the bottom of the machine to fasten it to a table or to a workbench.
Optional add-on – a medical grade work surface
The rosin press comes with a stainless steel table with pre-drilled holes to mount your machine on it. The table is both sturdy and provides a work surface for the rosin production. The table’s dimensions are 28.5 inches x 35.5 inches x 4 ft.
What to like:
- This rosin press comes with a Gauge Reading showing Fahrenheit or Celsius degree measures.
- The RTP Gold machine includes a Digital Temperature Control.
- This rosin press also comes with a Digital Automatic Timer.
- The machine’s voltage is 110V-120V.
- The temperature range is between 0 to 415 degrees Fahrenheit.
- This machine also features microprocessor precision heat and temperature gauge.
- It also comes with an RTP Operating Manual that will help you get the hang of it really easy and quick.
What to consider:
- The Manual Twist rosin press may be a bit small, but for home use, it’s enough.
My top recommendation for the best rosin press of 2020 is definitely the MyPress Gen 2 Portable Heat Press Machine due to its extensive set of handy features.
This is the best mix of high value and high versatility that you can possibly find on the market. The electric rosin press is extremely easy to use, and it’s also incredibly robust. It can produce a maximum pressure of 10,000 PSI and the machine also comes with the hydraulic cylinder beside the heating plates.
You will have full control of the temperature, and you will be also able to adjust the heating temperature for both the top and the bottom plates. All you have to do is set the pressure for enough consistency of your material, and you will not need any air compressor with this electric hydraulic press.
As if it weren’t enough, you also get a free pair of gloves with your order that are heat resistant and will protect your hand from any unwanted accidents while you are working.
This mixed rosin press provides the best features of both a hydraulic and an electric press, and its packs them together for offering you the best quality rosin.
Benefits of buying a rosin press
A rosin press uses a solvent-less technique, and this is its most important benefit.
The solvent-less technique involves two mechanisms to produce solvent-free rosin, and these are the high pressure and controlled heat. In the solvent-based chemical extraction method in order to extract cannabis compounds from raw cannabis manufacturers use solvents. They preserve the extracted oil-soluble cannabinoids and terpenes in their natural form.
These two compounds provide the cannabis concentrate its color, flavor, and potency. On the other hand, most solvents are hydrocarbon-based and to avoid such contamination which is not good for your health the need to produce cannabis concentrate from raw cannabis without any ingredients added became an urge.
This lead to the invention of a mechanical solvent-less extraction technique that is the basis of how a rosin press works.
You can obtain clean results with a rosin press, and this is another essential reason why you should purchase such a machine. The rosin pressing technique provides a contaminant-free result, and you will not feel any aftertaste once the product is ready for use. Solvents are hazardous chemicals for the human body.
The quick preparation of rosin is another advantage of a rosin press. The rosin is ready to use in about 15 minutes because the flower or sift will be fully melted within this period.
The fact that there will be no purging needed is another advantage of rosin pressing. The rosin will be ready to use the second you have finished pressing the material.
Such a machine is extremely easy to use, and any average cannabis client will be able to learn how to use it in less than 5 minutes.
By using a rosin press, you will be able to preserve the flavour, the terpenes and the potency that you demand from your extracts. This is thanks to the low heat and the high pressure of rosin pressing.
Factors to consider before purchasing a rosin press
There are more rosin press types out there than you’ll be able to choose from, and before purchasing the best one for your needs, it’s best to know their most important features. A manual rosin press, for instance, is a portable, low-cost extraction solution for home users and personal consumption. A manual rosin press comes in a smaller form factor, and this makes it portable. Such a machine usually involves a hand crank or a twist-style mechanism to apply force to the material that you are using.
A hydraulic rosin press uses hydraulic pressure to generate the force that is needed to produce rosin. This force is generated via the use of a hand pump. A hydraulic press is also portable, and it only requires some elbow grease to get clean rosin, unlike a pneumatic one that needs an air compressor.
A pneumatic rosin press is similar to the hydraulic one, and it doesn’t involve any hand pumping. This will be useful especially if you are extracting a few batches at a time. Another benefit of a pneumatic press is that it’s easy to control and you can also change the pressure as you press the product.
An electric rosin press is really new on the market, and such machines are already gaining rapid adoption, and they’re becoming more and more popular. Electric rosin presses don’t require any external pumps or compressors in order to function properly. All you need is an electrical outlet to plug the machine, and everything’s ready for extraction. These are ideal for larger batches.
Hybrid rosin presses are practically a mix of hydraulic rosin presses on the inside. Instead of having to use a hand pump for the whole process, they are engineered in such a way that with just a simple switch of a pump, you’ll be able to control these machines either electronically, pneumatically or by using a hand pump to suit all types of extraction demands. These are usually used in commercial applications.
Choosing the right temperature
Temperature is an essential factor that must be taken into consideration, and it’s essential to check it out on a rosin press before buying it.
Temperature is also the most debated variable when it comes to rosin pressing, and there are fans of both sides of the spectrum – hotter and colder pressing. When you apply pressure and heat on the flower, the speed, and consistency in which it liquefies depend on the temperature that is used and on the evenness of the heat distribution. Cold pressing (160 – 190 degrees Fahrenheit) involves 1 to 5 minutes of pressing and produces high batter consistency. It also preserves rich terpenes. Hot pressing (190 to 220 degrees Fahrenheit) involves pressing for 45 seconds to 3 minutes, and the resulted product has an oily consistency. The yield is increased compared to cold pressing.
The pressure of a rosin press is also essential. While flower rosin requires more pressure than kief and hash rosin to squeeze the juice out, there are some presses that apply too much pressure. The ideal pressure range for flower rosin is somewhere between 550 – 1,500 PSI. Evenly distributed pressure is essential, and so is the speed you apply pressure to a filled rosin bag. If the pressure is applied too fast, you will have a blow-out. If you apply the pressure too slowly, the result will be overexposure to the heat plates and degradation of the material.
The type of heat plate is also an important factor to consider before buying a rosin press. Long and narrow heat plates are the best kind to purchase because they will ensure the highest yield possible from every production run. This shape will make sure that your rosin oil can quickly escape the heat plates. Aluminum plates are also useful because they allow for better heat distribution compared to stainless steel ones.
Safety is another essential factor to consider when you are purchasing a rosin press. When you are operating such machines that are capable of exerting thousands of pounds of force, it’s usually a good idea to adhere to safety standards and the best practices. High-quality rosin presses involve minimum risks, and they also come with built-in safety features that will be able to prevent accidents from happening.
The overall build quality is another important factor worth considering. High-quality rosin presses will help your home business, but you will also benefit from higher quality components on the build of the machine. Buying the best rosin press is an investment for the future, and it’s best if you avoid cheap Chinese machines that are nothing more than modified t-shirt presses. Better quality materials and build will also trigger more efficiency with costs over time.
Tips for buying the best rosin press for your needs
- If you want a smaller and portable rosin press, go for a manual one.
- If you need a 10, 20 or 30-ton press, it’s best to choose a hydraulic one because it’s also portable besides generating enough force to produce rosin.
- If you plan on extracting a couple of batches at a time, choose a pneumatic rosin press.
- An electric rosin press is capable of pressing up to 20 grams of flower, so if this is the case for you as well, go for an electric press.
- If you plan to use your rosin press in commercial applications, the best choice for you will be a hybrid rosin press.
- Before purchasing the ideal rosin press for you, consider how much space you have available for working with it and for storage.
- Also, consider how much noise you are able to tolerate in your working environment and choose the rosin press according to this feature as well.
- Avoid poor hydraulics that are leaking and that are prone to malfunction.
- Don’t purchase oddly shaped heating elements such as horseshoe-shaped ones that are very common in cheap rosin presses.
- Watch out for weak housing and structures prone to bending at high pressure.
- Avoid heat plates that are too large to allow the concentrate to escape and drip from the edges. If the concentrate has to travel an area that’s too large, it will burn, and it will become unusable.
- Also, avoid cheap and unreliable controllers for the heat because they will not offer pressure control.
- Choose longer and narrower plates in a press to reduce the distance traveled by the extracted material.
Choosing a rosin press ultimately comes down to your personal preferences and exactly what you will need it for. Factors such as cost and size are points that you need weigh heavily on before making your purchase decision.
For any further advice, leave a comment below!